Treatment with Invisalign clear aligners by Dr. Jenny Yoo-Park, Dr. Sona Bekmezian and the team at Palo Alto Orthodontics delivers straight teeth and healthy smiles to patients that live in work work near Menlo Park CA and throughout San Mateo County CA. Invisalign has become a more popular alternative to traditional metal braces. Because they are made of a clear thermoplastic, the Invisalign trays are nearly invisible. They can be stained, however, and must be cleaned conscientiously to continue to be discreet and effective for the wearer. Well-maintained aligner trays promote cleaner teeth and help retard bad breath odors.
Keep it Clean.
- Keep your aligners odor-free, hygienic, and clear with the Invisalign Aligner Cleaning System (www.invisalignstore.com). Special cleaning crystals remove plaque from your Invisalign aligners in about 15 minutes.
- A regular toothbrush and toothpaste are acceptable and affordable alternatives to clean Invisalign trays. It’s best to use a regular toothpaste; many whitening toothpastes are too abrasive and can dull or scratch the clear plastic tray. Keep your teeth clean too by brushing and flossing while cleaning your aligners.
- Denture cleaning solutions are another way to keep the Invisalign clear aligner trays clean. Many come in tablet form that dissolve in water, forming a bubbly solution that will clear your aligners of any plaque and leave them smelling fresh and clean.
- Ultrasonic cleaner appliances are available at retail stores that can help keep the Invisalign trays clear of any debris, and they work gently and effectively. Most cost less than $50.
- White vinegar is a time-honored cleaning solution and can be effective in cleaning and deodorizing the Invisalign trays.
- Hydrogen peroxide mixed with a little water is good in a pinch. This will kill any bacteria and keep the trays clear.
Dr. Jenny Yoo-Park, Dr. Sona Bekmezian and the team at Palo Alto Orthodontics are orthodontic specialilsts. If you have any questions pertaining to Invisalign, Invisalign Teen, braces and clear braces in Redwood City, San Mateo County area, Palo Alto CA, Menlo Park CA and Atherton CA or would like to schedule an complementary consultation with Dr. Jenny Yoo-Park or Dr. Sona Bekmezian contact Palo Alto Orthodontics at: (650) 327-2310