Dr. Jenny Yoo-Park and Dr. Sona Bekmezian of Palo Alto Orthodontics helps identify some of the health benefits that come along with straight teeth after being treated with braces in Mountain View CA; benefits that help patients live happier and healthier lives, with a picture-perfect smile.
What’s healthy about having braces?
Many patients get orthodontic treatment with braces to straighten their teeth and improve their smile. Another bonus to having straight teeth is the health benefits that that they provide. This bit of information is new for many orthodontic patients. However, many do not know what exactly these health benefits are. Dr. Jenny Yoo-Park and Dr. Sona Bekmezian tells their patients that live in or near Mountain View CA having straight teeth means:
• Less plaque build-up because straight teeth are easier to keep clean. When you see an ad for toothpaste or a toothbrush, the models used in these ads all feature bright, white, exceptionally straight smiles. That’s because straight teeth, beyond being a cosmetic goal, get and stay clean more easily and effectively. Crooked teeth can cause a buildup of plaque. Whether the teeth are overlapped, overcrowded, or hard to reach, food (and thus plaque) may build up because it cannot be reached by a toothbrush or floss. This causes a buildup of food and plaque that can lead to cavities, discolored teeth, and bad breath. More serious problems including tooth decay and gum disease can be caused by a buildup of plaque. By simply aligning your teeth with braces, the teeth will then be easily accessible and can be brushed and flossed effectively.
• Less Injuries: Crooked teeth chip or break more easily than teeth that are in alignment. Braces correct the problem and ensure a healthy, straight, functional set of teeth for a lifetime.
• Straight teeth cause less stress to the jaw bones. When teeth are crooked or crowded, the functionality of the jaw is compromised. This can lead to abnormal wear-and tear on the teeth and cause discomfort or pain, and even exacerbate the rate of tooth decay. Chewing, biting and speaking abilities are optimized when you have straight teeth. This pain might occur because of a misaligned jaw or because the teeth may be overlapping and wearing each other down. By straightening your teeth, the pain will subside because your teeth and jaws will be aligned and in place and working to their optimal effectiveness.
• A healthy mouth promotes a healthy body through better eating habits: There is medical evidence that supports the fact that poor oral health may contribute to a variety of physical maladies beyond the mouth. This includes diabetes, stroke, heart disease and complications for pregnant women. Bacteria from the mouth can enter the bloodstream, the lungs, and the gut, thus affecting the entire immune system. Crooked teeth can also cause patients to have problems eating. When teeth are not aligned properly, it can be difficult to bite into hard or crunchy foods such as carrots or pretzels. This problem can cause patients to stop eating some foods, even if they are healthy and provide daily needed nutrition.
• More Self-Esteem: Getting braces from Palo Alto Orthodontics and achieving straight teeth automatically helps improve self-esteem in patients who get braces. When your teeth are straight, your mouth is healthy and your smile is bright. Many patients of Dr. Jenny Yoo-Park and Dr. Sona Bekmezian are no longer embarrassed of their crooked teeth!
These are a few of the reasons why straight teeth and a healthy mouth are more than just a cosmetic concern. Misaligned teeth, corrected through braces, improves the quality of life for patients of Palo Alto Orthodontics.
Dr. Jenny Yoo-Park, Dr. Sona Bekmezian and the team at Palo Alto Orthodontics are specialists in braces. If you have any questions pertaining to Invisalign, Invisalign Teen, braces and clear braces in Mountain View CA, 94301 zip code area, Palo Alto CA, Santa Clara County CA, Stanford CA, Menlo Park CA and Atherton CA or would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Jenny Yoo-Park, Dr. Sona Bekmezian contact Palo Alto Orthodontics at: 650-327-2310
Dr. Jenny Yoo-Park, Dr. Sona Bekmezian and the team at Palo Alto Orthodontics understand that their patients that live in Menlo Park CA will have questions about their orthodontic treatment. They take the time to address each patient’s questions or concerns about their treatment and its results.
Dr. Jenny Yoo-Park, Dr. Sona Bekmezian and the team at Palo Alto Orthodontics advise their patients in Palo Alto CA to wear a retainer conscientiously (often every night while sleeping) after their orthodontic treatments with Invisalign are complete. Wearing a retainer is an important step in orthodontic treatment to keep teeth straighter longer. Teeth have a tendency to drift back into their incorrect original positions even after years of wearing braces. A retainer helps patients maintain their healthy, attractive, hard-earned smiles and keep their treatment goals intact for as long as possible.
Dr. Jenny Yoo-Park, Dr. Sona Bekmezian and the team of professionals at Palo Alto Orthodontics understand that orthodontic treatment with braces for patients that live in or work near Stanford CA, is an investment of time and money for their patients. They give their patients a thorough understanding of how to get the best outcome from wearing braces.
Treatment with Invisalign clear aligners by Dr. Jenny Yoo-Park, Dr. Sona Bekmezian and the team at Palo Alto Orthodontics delivers straight teeth and healthy smiles to patients that live in work work near Menlo Park CA and throughout San Mateo County CA. Invisalign has become a more popular alternative to traditional metal braces. Because they are made of a clear thermoplastic, the Invisalign trays are nearly invisible. They can be stained, however, and must be cleaned conscientiously to continue to be discreet and effective for the wearer. Well-maintained aligner trays promote cleaner teeth and help retard bad breath odors. Read More
Dr. Jenny Yoo-park, Dr. Sona Bezmekian and the professionals at Palo Alto Orthodontics know that their patients that live in or work near Redwood City CA have full, active lives. It’s easy to lose one’s keys, wallet, or phone. Because of the convenient, removable aspect of Invisalign clear aligners, it can be easy also to lose the clear thermoplastic trays. Read More
Dr. Jenny Yoo-Park, Dr. Sona Bezmekian and the team of professionals at Palo Alto Orthodontics understand that orthodontic treatment with braces for patients living in or working near Mountain View CA is an investment of time and money for their patients. They give their patients in Santa Clara County CA a thorough understanding of how to get the best outcome from wearing braces. Read More
Invisalign and Invisalign Teen are two different products. The differences between the two might not be significant to the casual observer, but it is important to know the differences between Invisalign and Invisalign Teen when considering orthodontic treatment near Atherton, CA. Dr. Jenny Yoo-Park, Dr. Sona Bezmekian and the team at Palo Alto Orthodontics know the differences and the most appropriate circumstances in which each is effective. Palo Alto Orthodontics serves patients of all ages in San Mateo County CA Read More
While orthodontic treatment can start in patients as young as six years old, it is less about what age one can get braces than it is at what age they are ready for braces. Each child’s teeth develop differently, and that makes the appropriate age for braces differ as well. Some tips from. Dr. Jenny Yoo-Park and Dr. Sona Bezmekian of Palo Alto Orthodontics can help you determine if your child will need braces near North Fair Oaks, CA and if/when they should start treatment. She also provided these services to patients that live in the San Mateo County area.
Invisalign Teen is a great alternative to traditional orthodontic treatment or metal braces for teenagers. If you’ve been apprehensive about the thought of metal braces, than Invisalign Teen is the perfect choice. During your initial visit at our office near Menlo Park CA, Dr. Jenny Yoo-Park and Dr. Sona Bezmekian and the team at Palo Alto Orthodontics will take an impression of your teeth as they are now and digitize it. Using special software, Palo Alto Orthodontics will look at the current positioning of your teeth and compare it to the way your teeth should look after getting Invisalign Teen near Menlo Park. Read More